collapse

Author Topic: Will bitcoins be the money of the future?  (Read 2627 times)

Monee2

• View Profile
Will bitcoins be the money of the future?
« on: June 14, 2014, 09:44:49 AM »
One day paper money will be a thing of the past.  Do you think bitcoins can become a growing currency in the future, replacing money we have now?  Do you think it will continue to increase it's value in the world or just come to an end?

Forgeit

• View Profile
Re: Will bitcoins be the money of the future?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 03:27:44 AM »
I don't see it becoming a currency used by everyone.  The time and energy involved in creating bitcoins would keep a lot of people away from it.  Companies would need to have access to bitcoins to pay their employees and I can't see companies spending the time to mine bitcoins.

Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 07:43:11 AM »
I don't see it becoming a currency used by everyone.  The time and energy involved in creating bitcoins would keep a lot of people away from it.  Companies would need to have access to bitcoins to pay their employees and I can't see companies spending the time to mine bitcoins.

I agree. I think it will continue to grow in popularity, but I think it's going to stay within certain, savvy sector of the population, most likely smaller businesses. I have a hard time envisioning big corporations jumping on board, since they're often reluctant to think outside the box.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 09:07:14 AM »
I suppose it is too big a change, given how long paper/metal money has been in use and how embedded in society it is.  It would either take a very long time or some sort of huge catastrophe (I can't imagine what though) for coin use to fizzle out of daily use, no matter how far contactless payments develop.  It's interesting to wonder what archaeologists of the future will think of the coins we use now though? 
Bitcoin newbie - please excuse any silly questions!  :-D

CryptoGamer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 08:15:44 AM »
I think there's a good chance of cryptocurrencies taking the place of traditional currencies. Everything in our world is turning digital and border-less, why not money?

Current Bitcoin Price