collapse

Author Topic: How did you first find out about bitcoin?  (Read 4230 times)

Joel

• View Profile
How did you first find out about bitcoin?
« on: June 20, 2014, 09:07:31 AM »
I'm curious how you first found out about bitcoin. I heard about it from a friend a couple years ago, but didn't consider it a good investment at the time. He jumped on it early, which seems to have been a wise move. His success makes me wish I would have done my research a long time ago.

Satoshi Nakamoto

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How did you first find out about bitcoin?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 09:56:15 PM »
I read an article last October about a Norwegian man’s $27 investment that turned into $886,000 in four years. As a finance major, I was intrigued by what kind of investment vehicle could produce these type of capital gains in such a short time period.

I did some research and decided to take the risk and enter my investment position in bitcoin right before the tremendous spike from $200 to $1000.

Here is the article that lead to my discovery of bitcoin.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/oct/29/bitcoin-forgotten-currency-norway-oslo-home
Bitcoin Address: 1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa

Monee2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 06:55:59 PM »
Wow, good for you Admin! Did you sell some of it when it hit $1,000?  I heard about it right before it started taking off and didn't invest in it.  Now I'm sorry since the price jumped so high.

Satoshi Nakamoto

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 07:25:22 PM »
I have only bought bitcoin, never sold any. I will increase and hold my position until it hits $10,000 or $0.
Bitcoin Address: 1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 09:44:29 AM »
Like many people I suppose, I heard the phrase in the news from time to time and never paid a lot of attention - I thought it was something either for business people (which I am not) or those who like to play the stock market (which I don't understand).  I don't really recall exactly what changed my mind but one day I Googled it and found an article that made it sound like something ordinary people could use too...and eventually I ended up here to find out more! 
Bitcoin newbie - please excuse any silly questions!  :-D

Current Bitcoin Price